‘Tuna’ Salad – Creamy, flavorful and just a great alternative for the REAL tuna salad. A lot of people keep asking, why even come up with ‘fake’ dishes that have nothing to do with the real dish? Why? Easy – why not? There are plenty of reasons why. The biggest and most important reason for me is our emotions. Everything we ate in our life, we instantly attach emotions to. Good things are attached to positive emotions, bad things to negative emotions. Since we want to feel good, we want to eat things that gave us positive emotions more often. The problem is, when we don’t eat certain things any longer for whatever reasons, we have to find new things that make us feel that way. Now, you can find other great things to eat, that makes you happy, OR you just find something that’s similar and give it the exact same recipe title. Welcome to the vegan world.
‘Tuna’ – Salad
Prep time: 15Cook time: 0Total time: 15
- 300 g cooked chickpeas (or from a can, drained)
- 200 g artichokes in water
- 1 stalk of celery, finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and diced
- 4 tbsp dill, chopped
- 5 tbsp. veganaise (vegan mayo)
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and pressed
- 2 tbsp. sea pulse (or chopped seaweed)
- Add chickpeas to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped (should not be a purré though!). Add to a bowl.
- Drain artichokes and add to food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Add to the bowl with chickpeas.
- Add all remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Season with pepper and salt to taste.