No bread for breakfast? Don’t want to make yourself a smoothie? So I suggest you make yourself a sweet potato toast! This one made my day.
Sweet potatoes are known for their high content of vitamin B6. They are also a good source of vitamin C and D. They contain iron and support the immune system. Sweet potatoes are a good source of magnesium as well and that my friends can help you to relax!
Sweet Potato Toast With Avocado & Tomatoes & Watercress Pesto
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: 15
- 1 handful pecans
- 1 handful watercress, leaves
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 60 g olive oil
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and sliced into 0,5 cm (1/4 inch) thick slices
- 1 avocado, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 handful grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp. red onion, peeled and sliced
- WATERCRESS PESTO: Add all ingredients for the pesto into a food processor and mix for 1 min.
- Toast sweet potato slices in a toaster on high heat for 2-3 rounds or until nice and tender. Be careful not to burn your sweet potato, since this happened to me the first time I tried it out.
- ALSO: Remove slices and top with avocado, tomato and onions. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of watercress pesto and enjoy.