Sweet Potato Toast With Avocado & Tomatoes & Watercress Pesto
- 1 handful pecans
- 1 handful watercress, leaves
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 60 g olive oil
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and sliced into 0,5 cm (1/4 inch) thick slices
- 1 avocado, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 handful grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp. red onion, peeled and sliced
- WATERCRESS PESTO: Add all ingredients for the pesto into a food processor and mix for 1 min.
- Toast sweet potato slices in a toaster on high heat for 2-3 rounds or until nice and tender. Be careful not to burn your sweet potato, since this happened to me the first time I tried it out.
- ALSO: Remove slices and top with avocado, tomato and onions. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of watercress pesto and enjoy.