Sushi Burrito with Roasted Carrots, Avocado, Sprouts & Chili Aioli
Prep time:Cook time: 30Total time: 45 min
- 1 cup of jasmine rice
- 6 drops of liquid colorful or 2 tsp. Green spirulina
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp vegenaise
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and pressed
- ½ tsp. Sriracha sauce
- 3 big carrots, peeled
- 1 avocado, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 tbsp. fermented red cabbage (or sauerkraut)
- 6 tbsp. spicy radish sprouts
- 4 tsp. Sesame seeds
- 2 tsp. Black sesame seeds
- 4 nori sheets
- SPIRULINA RICE: Make sushi rice according to package directions. Once rice is cooked, add salt and rice vinegar. Cover rice to keep warm.
- Chili Aioli: In a bowl combine vegenaise, garlic and sriracha sauce. set aside.
- FILLING: Preheat the oven to 400F. Place carrots on a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 min until carrots soften but not burnt! Cut carrots into thin stripes and set aside.
- Halve avocado, remove the seed and skin. Slice thinly.
- Make the burrito: On a sushi matt or parchment paper, start by attaching two pieces of nori together, by wetting one edge with water, keeping the rough sides up. Overlap by two inches. Wet your fingers and spread a layer of rice on the nori sheet leaving out 2 inches to the edges.
- Evenly distribute sauce on top of the rice.
- Place carrot slices, avocado, cabbage & sprouts in the middle of the rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Roll the nori tightly, wet the top end of the sheet with your fingers to close it neatly.
- Cut in half, repeat with the remaining ingredients and serve!