Roasted pears don’t only go well in a dessert, they are super yummy in a salad as well. Super juicy, aromatic and sweet – it will definitely change up your ‘kale-experience’!
Spinach Kale Salad with Roasted Pear, Strawberries & Sunflower Seeds
Prep time: Cook time: 5Total time: 15
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pear, seeds removed and divided into eights
- 10 tbsp. cooked quinoa, chilled
- 3 handful baby spinach
- 3 handful kale
- 3 tbsp. roasted sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp. roasted peanuts
- 1 handful of parsley, chopped
- 2 handful of strawberries, sliced
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. raw unfiltered honey (or agave nectar)
- 1 avocado, seed removed, peeled and finely sliced
1) In a pan, heat olive oil. Add pear and roast over medium to high heat on both sides until nicely browned. Set aside to cool.
2) In a big salad bowl, combine well quinoa, babe spinach, kale, sunflower seeds, peanuts, parsley and strawberries.
3) Pour over olive oil and balsamic vinegar and combine well.
4) Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with roasted pear and avocado.