Wraps, wraps, wraps. Whatever you crave, wraps are always a great idea. Fill them with whatever you want! Choose any kind of lettuce, some fresh herbs (to make it not only healthier, but also more flavorful), a dip and any kind of protein. My protein of choice is mostly chickpeas, beans, tofu or quinoa. For an extra crunch, I love to add nuts or seeds. Et voila – Done! Easy right?! Try out this one!
Spelt Flour Wrap with Fried Cabbage, Roasted Hummus, Peanuts & Cranberries
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 500 g cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 can of chickpeas (400 g), drained
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. water
- 2 tsp. tahini paste
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 big spelt wraps
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into thin & long slices
- 4 tbsp. roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp. cranberries
- 4 handful mixed greens
- 4 tsp. chili sauce
- 1 avocado, peeled, seed removed and finely
1) FRIED CABBAGE: In a big pot, heat coconut oil. Add onion and fry over high heat until nicely browned for approx. 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) Add cabbage, combine well and fry for 10 minutes until golden (volume of the cabbage should shrink to a quarter at this point!). Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3) ROASTED HUMMUS: In a medium-sized pan, heat olive oil and fry garlic over medium heat until golden.
4) Add chickpeas, combine well and fry until slightly browned. Remove from heat, let cool a bit and transfer with remaining ingredients into a food processor and mix together.
5) ALSO: Place wrap onto work surface and spread evenly 1.5 tbsp. of hummus, leaving out 2 inches of the edges.
6) Place cabbage, cucumber, peanuts, cranberries, mixed greens, chili sauce and avocado on top and wrap tightly.