Spaghetti With Roasted Peanut Kale Pesto, Pomegranate Seeds & Avocado
ROASTED PEANUT KALE PESTO:
- 100 g extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 5 handful kale, chopped
- 100 g roasted peanuts
- 450 g pasta
- 4 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 4 tbsp. pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp. roasted peanuts
- 4 tsp. flax seeds
- 2 pinch of chili flakes
- 1 Avocado, peeled, cored and sliced
- ROASTED KALE PESTO: Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Add garlic to pan and fry over medium heat until golden.
- Add kale, combine well and continue frying for another 2 minutes. Keep stirring so the garlic doesn’t burn!
- Remove pan from heat and let cool for a couple of minutes. Then transfer into a food processor with peanuts and blend well. Set aside.
- Heat a large pot with water and some salt. Add pasta and cook until al dente for about 8 min. Drain well, leaving pasta in the pot.
- Add 6 tablespoon of the pesto and combine well. Transfer remaining pesto in a glass jar, cover with about extra 3 tablespoons of olive oil, close with lid and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- ALSO: Add pomegranate seeds, peanuts, flax seeds and chili flakes, combine well.
- Serve pasta with avocado and enjoy:)