Rosemary Infused Quinoa with Roasted Veggies, Pomegranate Seeds & Chili Honey Sauce
- 360 g quinoa
- 800 g vegetable broth (not salted), hot
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 bay leave
- 450 g brussel sprouts, halved
- 450 g cauliflower, cut in little chunks
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
CHILI HONEY SAUCE:
- 4 tbsp. vegan mayonnaise (veganaise)
- 1/2 tbsp. hot chili sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 Avocado, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 tbsp. pomegranate seeds
- ROSEMARY QUINOA: Add quinoa, vegetable broth, rosemary and bay leave in a pot, close the lid. Place over medium heat and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until tender and the liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- ROASTED VEGGIES: Preheat oven to 230°C/450°F.
- In a bowl, add brussel sprouts, cauliflower, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Combine well and place on a big baking sheet. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until cross.
- CHILI HONEY SAUCE: In a bowl, add all ingredients for the sauce and mix well.
- ALSO: Serve quinoa with roasted veggies, avocado and pomegranate seeds and sprinkle with sauce.