Ever thought of adding some flavor to your quinoa while your cooking it? I highly recommend it, it comes out so different. Great way to switch up your protein! You can totally be creative here, use garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, different herbs, lemon peel… the list good go on forever. Just do it – give it a try!
Rosemary Infused Quinoa with Roasted Veggies, Pomegranate Seeds & Chili Honey Sauce
Prep time: 15Cook time: 25Total time: 30
- 360 g quinoa
- 800 g vegetable broth (not salted), hot
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 bay leave
- 450 g brussel sprouts, halved
- 450 g cauliflower, cut in little chunks
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
CHILI HONEY SAUCE:
- 4 tbsp. vegan mayonnaise (veganaise)
- 1/2 tbsp. hot chili sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 Avocado, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 tbsp. pomegranate seeds
- ROSEMARY QUINOA: Add quinoa, vegetable broth, rosemary and bay leave in a pot, close the lid. Place over medium heat and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until tender and the liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- ROASTED VEGGIES: Preheat oven to 230°C/450°F.
- In a bowl, add brussel sprouts, cauliflower, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Combine well and place on a big baking sheet. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until cross.
- CHILI HONEY SAUCE: In a bowl, add all ingredients for the sauce and mix well.
- ALSO: Serve quinoa with roasted veggies, avocado and pomegranate seeds and sprinkle with sauce.