Quick Spaghetti in Caper Tomato Sauce, Baby Kale & Hemp Seeds
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 3 clones of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. agave nectar (or maple syrup, or coconut sugar)
- big can of diced tomatoes (800 g)
- 3 tbsp. caper
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 pack of spaghetti (450 g)
- 2 handful baby Kale
- 3 tbsp. hemp seeds
- Heat olive oil in a big, preferably non stick, pot.
- Add onion & garlic and cook over medium to high heat until translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato paste and agave nectar and combine well. Cook for another 3 minutes stirring constantly. Make sure not to burn, add a bit more olive oil if necessary.
- Add canned tomatoes, caper, pepper and salt and combine well. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low-medium and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime bring a big pot with water and 2 tsp. of salt to a boil and cook spaghetti as described on the package until tender or desired.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce, combine well and serve with fresh baby kale leaves and hemp seeds.