Pizza With Watercress Pesto & Mushrooms
- 355 g water, warm (not hot!)
- 2 tsp. coconut sugar
- 2 tsp. dry yeast
- 200 g whole spelt flour
- 200 g bread flour
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 100 g cashews
- 1 garlic, peeled
- 5 g basil leaves
- 5 g watercress leaves
- 80 g coconut milk
- 220 g button mushrooms, finely sliced
- 4 tsp. extra olive oil
- 1 pinch of chili flakes
- DOUGH: Place water, coconut sugar and yeast in a bowl and combine until yeast is dissolved. Let mixture sit for 15 minutes until foamy (that means the yeast is working already and feeding on the sugar – that’s what we want!).
- Add spelt and bread flour, olive oil and salt into bowl and knead using a stand mixer with dough hooks attached or by hand for 5 minutes. Cover bowl and let sit for 1-2 hours or until doubled in size in a warm spot.
- WATERCRESS PESTO CREAM: Add all ingredients into a food processor and process until creamy.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Tip the dough onto a greased working surface and divide into 4 pieces. If dough is too sticky, grease your hands with olive oil – do not add any extra flour! Using your hands carefully stretch each dough piece to 25×25 cm and place onto baking sheet.
- ALSO: Spread 2 tablespoons of cashew cream on each pizza and distribute mushrooms on top.
- Sprinkle with chili flakes and season with pepper and salt. Also Sprinkle with extra olive oil and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 285°C (550°F).
- Bake pizzas for 10-13 min until golden brown.