I guess that’s what I call comfort food. Pasta is definitely my kind of comfort food. Adding some spinach, parsley and sesame seeds make the whole thing a little healthier (ya, that’s what I keep telling myself:D).
Pasta with Spinach and Cream Cheese-Garlic Sauce
- 320 g Pasta, dry
- 1 tbsp. olive oil (or any kind of oil)
- 3 stalks of green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic, peeled and sliced
- 4 tbsp. soy milk, unsweetened
- 60 g vegan cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 handful parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- In a big pot, add water and salt and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender or al dente.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil in a frying pan. Add green onion and cook over middle heat for 3-5 min while stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic into a pan and continue frying for another 2 minutes or until garlic starts to get golden while stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach and cook for 3-5 min while stirring occasionally. Moisture from spinach has to be gone by then!
- Add soy milk, cream cheese and nutritional yeast. Combine well.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove pan from the heat. Add pasta to the pan and combine until pasta is fully covered with sauce.
ALSO: Add parsley and sesame seeds, combine and serve!