‘Meat’-Ball-icious with Cashew Caper Dressing
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 white onion, peeled, halved & diced
- 180 g oats
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and pressed
- 4 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. paprika powder
- 1 tbsp. sweet chili sauce (optional)
- 1 pinch of chili flakes
- 6 tbsp. olive oil for cooking
CASHEW CAPER DRESSING:
- 40 g cashews
- 2 tbsp. capers
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tsp. miso paste
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 60 g soy milk
- 4 handful of mixed greens
- 4 handful of cooked brown rice pasta
- 1/4 white onion, finely sliced
- 2 handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, peeled, cored and sliced
- MEATBALLS: Heat a pan with olive oil. Add onion and cook over medium to high heat until browned while stirring (roasted onions will give ‚meat’-balls a very meaty-ish taste!) Remove from pan.
- Using a food processor, pulverize HALF the oats to oat flour & remove into a bigger bowl.
- Add remaining oats to food processor with black beans, garlic & parsley. Pulse until finely chopped and well combined. Add to bowl with oat flour.
- Add roasted onions, tomato paste, paprika powder, sweet chili sauce, chili flakes & season with salt & pepper.
- Using your hands, combine well and form into approx. 1.5 inch (4 cm) sized balls. Heat a pan with olive oil and cook ‚meat’-balls from all sides until golden/brown. Remove from pan.
- CASHEW CAPER DRESSING: Add all ingredients for the dressing in a mixer and blend well (approx. 1 min). Season with pepper and salt.
- ALSO: Serve ‚meat’balls with dressing & remaining ingredients.