This is the solution to ALL my problems. High in protein, no wheat and therefore no gluten! Using this batter, you can literally do waffles, pancakes, pizza dough – of course with some little adjustments! How? I will show you soon.
Also lentils are a power food. I don’t understand, why that’s not written everywhere, why isn’t everybody talking about it? Oh right, we only talk about things, that need attention ‚cause otherwise, nobody would buy them, right? LOL. (my apologies for being sarcastic). But I mean for real, not only they’re an excellent source of dietary fiber, copper, phosphorus and manganese, they also contain iron, vitamin B1 & B6, zinc and potassium.
Glutenfree Vegan Lentil Tortilla
- 7-8 tortilla à 20 cm (6’’)
- 150 g red lentils
- 150 g water
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- Rinse lentils under running water and place into a bowl. Cover with 150 g of water and let sit for 3 h to soak.
- Add lentil with the soaking water into a blender along with the remaining ingredients and mix for at least 2 min.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Ladle 1/2 cup of batter into frying pan. Using a spoon, carefully distribute batter evenly by going in circles to a thin tortilla.
- Flip tortilla once all batter solidifies and brown the other side (~15-30 seconds).
- Repeat with remaining batter.