Fried rice with Mint and Arugula
- FRIED RICE:
- 2 tbsp. sunflower oil
- ½ onion, peeled and diced
- 2 big carrots, finely sliced
- 50 g (12.3 oz.) brown basmati rice
- 600 g water
- 1 tbsp. vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp. Barberries
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. za’atar (mix of thyme, sesame seeds, sumach)
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 40 g (1.4 oz.) arugula
- 10 (0.4 oz.) leaves of mint
- 100 g (3.5 oz.) cashew roasted
- FRIED RICE: In a big pot heat sunflower oil. Add onions and carrots and sauté for 10 min over medium heat.
- Add brown basmati rice and stir well. Add water, vegetable stock, honey, barberries, chili flakes and season with za’atar, salt and pepper. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat and keep it covered over low heat for approx. 40 min. The rice will soak all the water.
- ALSO: When the rice is well done, add cashews and serve with some mint and arugula on top.