Perfect way to hide your greens? In a wrap of course. I’ll never stop wondering how differently things taste when we switch up the presentation in any form. That just proves that your eyes ‘eat’ as well. If you don’t like something, try it in a different way.
I hear people often say how much they dislike kale. But the truth is (like with everything), they’ve just never had it the way they liked it. Don’t fool yourself by trying out something one time and not liking it. Try it a different way. Try it another time. That always worked with me. Now, you might even wonder why even trying? ‘Cause life is way better liking more things than disliking things. AND nobody likes picky people…(just joking).
Fried Kale, Quinoa & Chili – Wrap with Honey Vegenaise
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 4 handful kale, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 6 tbsp. quinoa, cooked
- 4 tbsp. vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 wraps
- 4 handful baby spinach
- 1 handful of peanuts, roasted
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tsp. sunflower oil
- FRIED KALE: In a pan, heat olive oil. Add onion and garlic and sauté over medium to high heat until golden.
- Add kale, stir well and continue sautéing for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add honey and apple cider and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add quinoa. Set aside.
- CHILI HONEY VEGANESE: In a bowl combine all ingredients for the chili honey vegenaise and set aside.
- ALSO: Spread 1 tablespoon of the chili honey vegenaise on each wrap and fill it with fried kale, spinach, peanuts and cherry tomatoes & fold to a wrap.
- Heat sunflower oil in a pan and fry wrap from both sides until golden. Enjoy!