Pasta salad my friends! Creamy, fresh and loaded with lots of goodness. Back home in Germany, creamy pasta salads were always my highlights at barbecues. So I thought, why not making it more often. Especially since I had some leftover pasta from the day before and really did not know what to do with it, well until now!
Creamy Pasta Salad
Prep time: 15Cook time: 8Total time:
- 100 g fusilli pasta
- 2 handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 2 green onion
- 1 avocado, peeled & seed removed
- 2 handful of cooked edamame
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 1 handful of arugula
- 4 Tbsp. veganaise
- 4 tbsp. unsweetened soy milk
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- SALAD: Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente for about 6-8 min. Drain and add to a big salad bowl.
- Slice tomatoes down the middle and add to bowl.
- Cut green onions in thin slices and add to bowl.
- Using a potato peeler, peel carrot into thin slices and add to bowl.
- Dice avocado into bite-sized pieces and add along with edamame, arugula and pumpkin seeds to bowl.
- DRESSING: In a bowl combine ingredients for the dressing and combine well.
- Pour dressing over salad and stir until well combined. Season with extra salt and pepper if necessary.