Beetroot Falafel Salad with Cashew Dill Dressing
- 30 g flax seeds
- 110 g beets, peeled and halved
- 250 g chickpeas, drained
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and pressed
- 10 g cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 60 g whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- oil for frying
- 100 g Cashews
- 140 g soy milk
- 10 g dill
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 4 handful baby spinach
- 6 radishes, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp. dill, chopped
- BEETROOT FALAFEL (6 pieces): Pulverize flax seeds in a food processor.
- Add beets and process until finely chopped.
- All remaining ingredients for the falafel and process until well combined and no big pieces left.*
- Heat a medium-sized skillet with oil. Form 6 falafel 6,5 x 6,5 cm (2.5 x 2.5 inch) and fry on both sides for 1 min over medium heat. Place falafel on a plate and set aside.
- CASHEW DILL DRESSING: Add all ingredients for the cashew dill dressing into a blender and mix for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, combine spinach, radishes and dill. Drizzle with cashew dill dressing and serve with falafel.
*If your food processor is not big enough, you might want to process beets and chickpeas separately and combine all ingredients by hand in a bowl after.