I mean, who does not like an avo-toast? It’s a must here in California. But living here, you know that you can easily spend $15 for half an avocado and a slice of bread in a restaurant. That is crazy! And it is so easy to make it at home. It’s my to got to, if I don’t have time to make food.
And having some of my homemade baked bread sliced up and frozen, I even make it a healthy quick lunch. Adding some hummus gives it a nice flavor – definitely nicer than what I’ve had at my favorite brunch place!
Avocado Hummus Toast
Prep time: 10Cook time: 0Total time:
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 tbsp. Hummus
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp. Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. Nutritional yeast
- 1 pinch of chili flakes
- balsamic cream (optional)
- black caraway seeds
- Toast the bread.
- Evenly spread hummus on both slices.
- Cut avocado in half, remove the seed and the peel. Cut into thin slices and distribute on bread.
- Sprinkle with parsley and nutritional yeast.
- Season with chili flakes, salt and pepper.
- If desired, sprinkle with some balsamic cream and black caraway seeds and enjoy!